The Community Patch Team and Nordic Games have released a new version of Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition – version 2.01. Below you can find their announcement. You can also download the patch directly from Mad Vulture Games:
Note that you will need to start a new game!
After our work “Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition” we want to release the last patch for it today. It solves some bugs, include a major bug.
It is an official, from Nordic Games approved patch and was made in cooperation with Nordic Games.
Unfortunately the release of this patch is late this year. We took a break after our work which refreshed us. Now we are glad about closing the case Gothic 3 – Forsaken Gods.
We wish you all – merry christmas.
– Timing issue on multicore processors fixed (can be switched on or off by Timer.ThreadSafe in ge3.ini).
– Fixed error in the “forced subtitles” feature.
– Removed last remains of revolution logic.
+ Improved shadow quality (shader 3.0 only).
+ Screen noise improved.
+ Improved Bloom/HDR.
– Depth of field / soft particle issue in combination with watersurface.
+ FXAA implemented for Shader 3.0, edge smoothing removed.
+ It’s easier to solve the quest “Bring the troops to Gotha” now.
+ Theo has only a cudgel equipped.
– Removed Khadim’s key from Gerrell’s inventory.
+ The hero doesn’t put away his staff or torch anymore when eating fruit, meat, fish, or bread.
– Useless type of “magic ore” removed from the game.
+ The magic ore for Soma can now be distinguished from the usual magic ore and can’t be sold anymore.
+ Garik’s shield doesn’t lie around openly anymore, but can be found in Garik’s chest.
+ The teleport stone to Vengard can now be found in the temple of Vengard.
– Duplicate Faring_Trader_02 and Vangard_Trader_03 removed.
– Rollan and the Mystic Wanderer don’t stand inside each other anymore.
– NPC navigation in Okara improved.
– Collision at the entries of certain rooms corrected.
– Improved daily routines of the NPCs on the beach underneath Cape Dun.
– Improved Clovis’ daily routine after his return to Geldern.
– Improves Osch’s daily routine in Gotha.
– Thorus and Hanz are teachers now.
+ “Hashishin’s chest” can only opened with the fitting key.
+ Garik’s chest and his bow chest can only be opened with the fitting keys.
– Fixed all ten chests that could be looted endlessly.
+ Basket in Vengard made accessible.
– Misplaced chests in Faring and near Silden relocated.
+ Grass removed from the arena of Gotha.
– Several small fixes.